- Mix Land Uses
- Take Advantage of Compact Building Design
- Create a Range of Housing Opportunities
- Create Walkable Communities
- Foster Distinctive, Attractive Communities With A Strong Sense of
- Preserve Open Space, Farmland, Natural Beauty, and Critical Environmental Areas
- Strengthen and Direct
Development Toward Existing Communities
- Provide a Variety of Transportation Options
- Make Development Decisions
Predictable, Fair and Cost Effective
- Encourage Community and Stakeholder Collaboration in Development Decisions
« Above - The Tenents of:
The "Smart Growth"
"Sustainable" Development for generations to come.
FACT: Michigan is losing greenspace and farmland at 8 times the rate of the states population growth, due
to sprawling development!
EPA - The issues
We track and inventory sites
and vintage structures which are suitable for redevelopment for higher density multiple family living as well as mixed
Listed Sites are available with sewer, water, zoning, some located within Qualified
Census Tracts for tax credit financing for affordable housing - family or senior citizen.
Give us a call - we can guide you to a good property for your redevelopment project.
Jackson High School
The recent remodeling
and restoration of this great 1920's building has been the talk of Michigan "smart growth" advocates.
This reinvestment proved to be - Cost effective and an efficient use of resources / infrastructure, maintains
an urban core location, supports achieving a more walkable community, provides multiple transportation options, promotes
a greater sense of community, preserves existing mixed land uses, will strengthen and direct other development toward
the existing community.